Saturday 8 September 2012

Morning :) here's a poem I found on the internet:

Battle of Britain 1940
A tribute to the boys in blue
Who did so much for me and you
They fought the battle of the skies
That we might live and should not die

I was just a little kid
When in the shelter safely hid
I looked up and there did see
The battle being fought for me

Day and night they gave their best
Busy life, they had no rest
No time for sleep, no time for fun
When busy shooting down the hun

Now the battle’s at an end
And pilots both sides now are friends
For those who died, for you and me
Please God a world forever free

This little tribute I now send
To those who gave until the end
You gave your life, l’ll not forget
Your memory lingers with me yet
Dorothy London

You can read this lady's story at this website:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peopleswar/stories/09/a2641709.shtml
Hope you enjoy:)

2 comments:

  1. Her story is interesting. It must have been a confusing time for the children in England, especially those who did not see the bombing of London. Thanks for this, Sarah. Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool poem, Se!! xx Ps... Glad to see your new blogger name! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete