Sunday 12 August 2012

Ideas of what the Graveyard might have looked like...

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm really enjoying visualizing the different places that we, the reader, and Willie are being introduced to. One of my favorite settings so far is Mr. Tom's home and the surrounding area, including the graveyard. I'm imagining lush, green grass and old weathered gravestones. I was looking on google for some pictures that fit my idea of this lot. The closest I seem to find is an old church graveyard setting in Cumbria and another in Watermillock . I have discovered that I usually tend to get very different pictures and ideas to other people from the same text, so I'd like to see what other people think of these pictures. How do my interpretations of the text compare to yours? From Jessica

5 comments:

  1. The top picture looks a lot like I would think the church would look like, other than that I would've imagined it white (probably just me) with those old, well looked after mahogany pews. I think the second picture matches my idea of Mr. Tom's home, except that it may have been smaller, because it's just the frontroom, a hall and bedroom behind that with the little living room and kitchen to the left. But good work Jess! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. THese are really helpful! As we read it'll be interesting to add more detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one for me definetely. It the way i would have pictured it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also identityfy with the second one more. especially the church! gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagined the church to look like the second one, definitely. I also imagined the grave to have a brick walled fencing around, maybe. (I usually imagine a graveyard with a brick fencing around, I don't know, thats how I see it :] ) But great pictures Jess! <3

    ReplyDelete